December 7, 2009

GeoTrax Track Layout Ideas - Elevated Star Crossing

This is GeoTrax Track Layout Quick Tip #5

I've had many requests for more track layout quick tips...I will start trying to do a better job of this as I currently have a two-and-a-half year old who is very interested in Choo-choos (read as GeoTrax). We had them out over the weekend and look what we built



I call this the "elevated star crossing" and it seems appropriate just in time for the holidays.

I start with the bottom piece of the GeoTrax High Chimes Clock Tower as the center piece for the crossing. From that I extend straight pieces (half or whole) in all directions. Then I connect each straight track to a curved ramp piece which you can get with sets like the new GeoTrax Timbertown Railway and/or the the GeoTrax Workin' Town Railway.



I finish by adding the top piece of the clock tower to the crossing and it is ready to go. Now, you can continue to build out your entire layout in four different directions.

Enjoy!

No comments: